On 10/24/2013 8:09 PM, chris peck wrote:
At this juncture then it becomes moot whether the computer is learning or thinking about grammar. It is a matter of philosophical taste. It certainly isn't learning or thinking as we learnt or thought when learning grammar. The way we cognate is the only example we have of cognition that we know is genuine.

Unfortunately we don't even have that example, because we don't know how we
think.