On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:56:44 AM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2013, at 14:23, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>

> > On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:05:52 AM UTC-4, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> >
> > On 28 Oct 2013, at 19:47, Craig Weinberg wrote:

> >> I think Stathis was referring to any third person describable
> >> lawful laws, not relying to actual infinities or magic.
> >>
> >> Craig want to add some primary sense, and make that sense
> >> contradict such deterministic law.
> >>
> >> That would be silly. Nothing that I have ever proposed contradicts
> >> a single scientific observation, by definition. I am not adding
> >> anything, I am absorbing all disembodied pseudo-substances into
> >> sense: "Laws", "Forces", "Fields", "Wavefunctions",
> >> "Probability"...all of that invisible voodoo is gone. It's all
> >> primordial pansensitivity experiencing its own alienation and re-
> >> constellation.
> >
> > Looks like a sense-of-the-gap to me.
> >
> > Not at all. What we have now is a force-of-the-gap, field-of-the-
> > gap, etc.
>
> No. This has been solved. Indeed, so precisely that it is only a
> question of solving diophantine equation to compare the physics of
> machine and the physics we infer from observation. Primary matter is a
> matter-of-the-gap, OK. But not the matter as described by the
> introspective machine.

Not the matter (because that actually is concretely sensed), but forces,
fields, and laws because they are magical ideas that appear out of nowhere
and do things without any tangible presence. It's just haunted space. That
the haunting of the space can be precisely mapped and deconstructed
mathematically does not give it the power to change matter. What has been
overlooked is the possibility that matter is an appearance within
experience, of experience which has alienated itself - followed different
histories in parallel or phase-shift.

> > I am merging all of the empty bubbles and finding that none could be
> > anything more or less than sense.
>
> This cannot satisfy me, as I am looking to some understanding of what
> is sense, where does it come from, why does it provide non justifiable
> feature like consciousness, etc.

There is no understanding needed to what sense is - it is the most
self-evident phenomena possible as it is self-evidence period, full stop.
All that is, is because it has been made evident within some sensory
context. There is nothing there to be evident except for this relativity of
presence shared with the contents and contexts of eternity. Justification
is nothing but a sense of comparison among subordinate sense experience.
You are looking for something that you have already found but won't accept
it. I am showing you *all of this* is sense, and you are responding that
you are looking for something *else*. If you accept the premise however
(yes, doctor of primordial identity pansensitivity) then you must accept
that it is ontologically impossible that there could be anything *else*, by
definition.

Unlike Comp, it does not assert the supremacy of arithmetic truth, but then
add in dreaming numbers, resurrection by mechanical incantation, duplicated
persons, machines emulating other machines which think they aren't machines
(even though Comp prohibits any possibility of what else there would be
besides machines.). Comp may mistake self referential logic for a self, but
I don't. I have no problem a sentence that we read as "this sentence is
lying" as a trivial syntactic contradiction rather than a profound puzzle
that reveals the ontology of consciousness.

> To start from sense is like to start from God. This answers nothing
> (even if there is a God).

It is to start before God, and before arithmetic, truth, and even before
'starting'. Your are still vastly underestimating the hubris that I intend.
Sense = the Absolute, means that there has never been anything else, and
there can never be anything else.

> On the contrary, comp explains 100% of matter, and 99,9% of sense, but
> explain 100% of why it remains 0.01% of a necessary non comprehensible
> aspect of the inside first person view.

The entire universe fits in the 0,1% of sense that comp fails to find.
Everything else is a reflection of that sense. Comp is inside out.

> Anyway, the solution is testable, so you should be happy that we might
> refute comp.

Comp may be testable (using consciousness) but consciousness is not
testable using comp.

Craig