On 14 November 2013 10:35, Telmo Menezes <te...@telmomenezes.com> wrote:

> There is overwhelming evidence in favour of the theory of evolution
> because of the number of predictions it got right, not because of the
> amount of papers that say that it is a spiffy theory. The theory of
> anthropogenic global warming does not look so stellar because it
> failed to predict the current cooling period.
>
> if you're saying they got some of the details wrong, fine, so do all
scientists, even evolution is being constantly revised. With a complex
system like the Earth's climate you don't expect to be able to model it
precisely.

if you're saying it's *wrong* because of a glitch then you're talking
nonsense. It stands on the empirical evidence, which is a load of data, not
opinions. Data on glacial retreat and sea ice melting and temperature
measurements. Those papers I mentioned are based on that data, not the
other way around, hence this isn't an argument from authority, it's an
argument from empirical evidence.