Actually Crick designed the perfect means for DNA replication (I think that
was it) without any errors
long before it was established empirically. When experimenters finally
discovered how nature did it,
it turned out that nature's method produced occasional errors.
So the system of evolution is not perfectly designed.
Should not it follow that there is no god.?