2013/12/2 Platonist Guitar Cowboy <multiplecit...@gmail.com>

> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:

>>> But you are o.k. with arithmetic truth as a pointer to something that
>>> transcends what we can prove or understand?
>>>

>> Yes, that doesn't have to be called god which refers to most people to
>> the person that created the world in 3 great religions on earth.
>>

>>> But you're not o.k. with when "God" is used, in a standard
>>> non-confessional theological fashion, as that pointer?
>>>

>> No I'm not ok, because it is misleading...
>>

>>> Please explain the consistency then, because I don't see it.
>>>

>> I just did.
>>

> You just called statement 1 "true" and statement 2 "a lie"

No I called it *misleading*.

> so you did no such thing.

I did.

> Whether transcendental category is personified or not, by definition it
> escapes our current power to prove/understand, so why pretend you can
> distinguish some types or members

I did not...

> (personification vs. numbers/arithmetic for example) of a category that
> should even transcend the notion of category itself

Then if it is as you say, you shouldn't talk about it and trying to make a
point... but wait...? that's what you're doing...

>>>  Failing to use a theological term when addressing or assuming
>>> transcendental is more misleading
>>>

>>  It is not, it is using god for meaning a reality that transcend human
>> ability that is.
>>

> Indeed, such would appear blasphemy to the human gods and those that
> believe in them. You are just making my point.
>

>>> than stating that there is transcendental.
>>>

>> Why use **god** word to mean that ? It is misleading.
>>

> It is the oldest label to account for things/object/properties we can't
> explain.

No... god in english/french and many other language as a clear accepted
meaning, and god doesn't mean shoes... even if you want it very much.

> The "newer" trend is to pretend that those things are not there, and that
> anybody who uses them in an argument is a crackpot.
>

>>> This popular form of atheism is thus more misleading then some mystic
>>> who hasn't cured one person; because at least that mystic puts his cards on
>>> the table.

>>> If I took the other side for fun: "Well human is invention of God!" and
>>> you quickly see why people would like to escape the discussion and "agree
>>> to disagree". That position of "is a human invention" is as fundamentalist
>>>

>> It is not, revelation is BS...all religions on earth with "book" from the
>> word of god are BS... Bruno even call them **fairy tale**, that proves he
>> also has that supposed **fundamentalist** position...
>>

> That's your argument? "Bruno does it too!" ???

No you're saying I'm insulting people by not believing in their god...
Bruno does not obviously believe in the abrahamic god as he calls that
fairy tales...

> Still, I am not certain that Bruno uses fairy tale with derogatory
> semantic implications as you do.

Well ask him...

> I think his usage is closer to "metaphoric guide story" of some theology,

What is left about that theology when you remove the "fairy tales" ?

> not to be taken too seriously or literally by e.g. deriving politics or
> ethics etc. directly from it. Nonetheless, he recently wrote of
> "non-compness of Ganesha" in some thread, which presupposes some
> familiarity with the mythology, that you do not get, when it's all "silly
> fairy tales"... So no, I don't think Bruno uses it the way you do in this
> infantilization discrimination sense.
>
> If you were in power there would be prohibition

Please refrain to put actions in your opponent mouth, you say that, I don't
and wouldn't act like you say...

Quentin