2013/12/6 Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com>

>
>
> On Dec 5, 2013, at 12:13 PM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> 2013/12/5 Jason Resch < <jasonre...@gmail.com>jasonre...@gmail.com>
>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Quentin Anciaux < <allco...@gmail.com>
>> allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> A religion is based on dogma, science is not, hence science is not a
>>> religion.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> Some religions may be, that doesn't mean they all are, however.
>>
>
> Could you give an example of a religion without dogma ?
>
>
> My own, for one.
>

If you're alone, it's not a religion. A religion is not just a set of
belief, but it comes with codification, and also those codifications
/beliefs are shared between members of that religion.

What you call religion are a just set of beliefs. As the usage of god for
UR, dogma for hypothesis, using religion for that is bad... it's just to
make a giant salad with word that lose their intended meanings.

Quentin

>
> Also the founders of the bathai faith were quite clear that any true
> religion must respect the science of the day, otherwise they said, it falls
> into superstition. They also said without religion science falls into
> materialism.
>
> Jason
>
> Quentin
>
>
>>
>> How do you relate science to beliefs about the world and reality? Would
>> you say science the collection of those beliefs, or the method for
>> developing the beliefs?
>>
>> Jason
>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to <everything-list%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
>> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
>> everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at <http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> For more options, visit <https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>
>> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>
>
>
> --
> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
> Batty/Rutger Hauer)
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at <http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list>
> http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit <https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>
> https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>



-- 
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to