2013/12/6 Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be>

>
> On 05 Dec 2013, at 19:13, Quentin Anciaux wrote:
>
>
>
>
> 2013/12/5 Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com>
>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> A religion is based on dogma, science is not, hence science is not a
>>> religion.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> Some religions may be, that doesn't mean they all are, however.
>>
>
> Could you give an example of a religion without dogma ?
>
>
> Platonism, buddhism branches, taoism, neoplatonism, the individual
> religion of all mystics, and ... the theology of numbers.
>

Are you saying buddhism/taoism have no dogma ?  that's wrong, they have,
plenty...  they have no god, sure, but really there is a set of thing that
qualify as dogma... if you reject everything buddhism tell you (as they
fake you can), how can you qualify yourself as buddhist ?

As soon as you qualify yourself as belonging to one "religious" group, then
that means you follow a set of principle defining such religious group and
so following some dogma. If not, why qualifying you in the first place, you
could as well belongs to the other group.

Quentin




> In general, platonism has been the victim of the Aristotelian dogma, and
> has never been dogmatic, although if you serach, you might find exceptions,
> I guess.
>
> Bruno
>
>
>
>
> Quentin
>
>
>>
>> How do you relate science to beliefs about the world and reality? Would
>> you say science the collection of those beliefs, or the method for
>> developing the beliefs?
>>
>> Jason
>>
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Everything List" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
>> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>
>
>
> --
> All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
> Batty/Rutger Hauer)
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>  http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/
>
>
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>



-- 
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to