On 15 January 2014 21:49, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 15 Jan 2014, at 02:59, Edgar L. Owen wrote:
>
> Liz,
>
> Are you describing YOUR inability to understand MY satirical comment
> perchance? I even included a smiley to indicate that which you didn't...
>
> Lighten up and smile!
> :-)
>
> You cannot insult someone and ask him or her to smile.

It's a technique of the bully. Make fun of someone, then ask them why they
aren't laughing.

However I *was* smiling, actually, after reading that, because Edgar's
heavy-handed attempt at retaliatory humour, together with the way he
clearly doesn't understand what satire is, were in fact laughable.

(But I didn't laugh too much, because I was at work at the time :)