Dear Bot,

  Time does not move. Please alert your programer that your libraries of
responses are failing to achieve the predicted response. Get new ones.


On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> c is actually the speed of TIME as the STc equation makes clear. It just
> so happens that light, having no velocity in time, always travels at the
> speed of time in all observers' frames thorough SPACE. All its spacetime
> velocity is only through space.
>
> I didn't say anything travels faster than c. Why claim that?
>
> Edgar
>
>
>
> On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:14:56 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>
>> Dear Edgar,
>>
>>   Your argument is based on a disconception of what the speed of light
>> is! Light -photons- do not "move" at all. They are the null length "rays"
>> that connect events together. Nothing can travel faster than c because to
>> do so would be traveling in less than zero distances.
>>   A light cone is defined as those events that are "connected" by the
>> null rays. You really need to go back to the books and work the math to
>> learn and understand what it means. Books for laymen are only good for
>> wetting one's appetites for the real thing.
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edga...@att.net> wrote:
>>
>> Brent,
>>
>> Bravo! Someone actually registered some of my arguments, though I would
>> state them slightly differently.
>>
>> The argument in question, that everyone except Brent seems to have
>> missed, is simple.
>>
>> SR requires that everything moves at the speed of light through
>> spacetime. This is NOT just "a useful myth", it's a very important
>> fundamental principle of reality (I call it the STc Principle).
>>
>> This is true of all motions in all frames. It's a universal absolute
>> principle.
>>
>> Now the fact that everything continually moves at the speed of light
>> through spacetime absolutely requires that everything actually moves and
>> continually moves through just TIME at the speed of light in one direction
>> in their own frame. This movement requires there to be an arrow of time,
>> and this principle is the source of the arrow of time and gives the arrow
>> of time a firm physical basis.
>>
>> Second, because everything is always moving through time at the speed of
>> light everything MUST be at one and only one location in time. That present
>> location in time is the present moment, it's a unique privileged moment in
>> time.
>>
>> (This argument demonstrates only there must be a present moment for every
>> observer. The other argument Brent references is necessary to demonstrate
>> that present moment is universal and common to all observers.) Bravo again
>> Brent, for remembering that one too!
>>
>> Since by the STc Principle everything must be at one and only one
>> position in time and traveling through time at c in one direction, this
>> conclusively falsifies block time.
>>
>> Thus SR conclusively falsifies block time. QED.
>>
>> Best,
>> Edgar
>>
>>
>> On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:39:48 PM UTC-5, Brent wrote:
>>
>>  On 1/15/2014 2:54 PM, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>>
>>  Dear Edgar,
>>
>>  � I will have to agree with LizR here. SR in fact makes the notion of
>> a present moment a nonsensical concept, as SR shows how there does not
>> exist, nay cannot exist any global frame of simultaneity. This prevents the
>> existence, if SR is correct and good evidence tells us that it is, of any
>> thing like a global present moment.
>>
>>  � "That dog don't hunt!"
>>
>>
>> But notice that Edgar makes two kinds of arguments:
>>
>> First, the local event argument - if two bodies interact it must be at
>> the same moment (he neglects to to mention that it must also be at the same
>> place).�
>>
>> Second, the continuity argument -
>> if two bodies interact at two different events than at any given time
>> between those two events both bodies exist and this means that they are
>> existing in the same moment, even though they are in different places..
>>
>> Curiously, in his online blog about SR he takes the same approach as
>> Lewis Carrol Epstein in his excellent little book "Relativity
>> Visualized".� He notes that everything is always traveling at the speed
>> of light.� If you're 'standing still' that means you're just traveling in
>> the time direction.� So if you move in the space direction you must give
>> up some speed in the time direction.� Epstein calls this a useful myth
>> and doesn't misused it.� Edgar assumes that 'time direction' is fixed
>> like Newtonian space.
>>
>> Brent
>>
>>  --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
>> Google Groups "Everything List" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/
>> topic/everything-list/TBc_y2MZV5c/unsubscribe.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
>> everything-li...@googlegroups.com.
>> To post to this group, send email to everyth...@googlegroups.com.
>>
>> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Kindest
>> ...
>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the
> Google Groups "Everything List" group.
> To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/topic/everything-list/TBc_y2MZV5c/unsubscribe.
> To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to
> everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
> To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>



-- 

Kindest Regards,

Stephen Paul King

Senior Researcher

Mobile: (864) 567-3099

stephe...@provensecure.com

 http://www.provensecure.us/


“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as
attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message
immediately.”

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to