Stephen,

Sure, those ancient Greeks also figured out that Apollo drove the sun 
across the sky in his chariot too. Boy were they smart, the final arbiters 
of truth!

If all movement is illusion then most certainly you are also. Glad we got 
that figured out! What am I doing here having this discussion? There has to 
be something interesting on TV.....
:-)

Edgar



On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:55:09 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>
> Dear Edgar,
>
>   Bingo! You are correct. All motion in space-time is an illusion. The 
> ancient greeks figured that out already.
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edga...@att.net<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
> Stephen,
>
> If time doesn't move then nothing moves.
>
> Edgar
>
>
>
> On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:48:02 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>
> Dear Edgar,
>
>   Time is not the movement of the hands or numbers of a clock, it is the 
> measure of the mapping between the positions of the hands. That is not 
> "motion", it is something else. Time does not move.
>  
>
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edga...@att.net> wrote:
>
> Stephen,
>
> "Time does not move"??? Even your clock knows better than that! And you 
> think my theories are weird!
>
>  Edgar
>
>
>
> On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:35:26 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>
>  Dear Bot,
>
>   Time does not move. Please alert your programer that your libraries of 
> responses are failing to achieve the predicted response. Get new ones.
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:31 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edga...@att.net> wrote:
>
> Stephen,
>
> c is actually the speed of TIME as the STc equation makes clear. It just 
> so happens that light, having no velocity in time, always travels at the 
> speed of time in all observers' frames thorough SPACE. All its spacetime 
> velocity is only through space.
>
> I didn't say anything travels faster than c. Why claim that?
>
> Edgar
>
>
>
> On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:14:56 PM UTC-5, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>
> Dear Edgar,
>
>   Your argument is based on a disconception of what the speed of light is! 
> Light -photons- do not "move" at all. They are the null length "rays" that 
> connect events together. Nothing can travel faster than c because to do so 
> would be traveling in less than zero distances.
>   A light cone is defined as those events that are "connected" by the null 
> rays. You really need to go back to the books and work the math to learn 
> and understand what it means. Books for laymen are only good for wetting 
> one's appetites for the real thing.
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edga...@att.net> wrote:
>
> Brent,
>
> Bravo! Someone actually registered some of my arguments, though I would 
> state them slightly differently.
>
> The argument in question, that everyone except Brent seems to have missed, 
> is simple.
>
> SR requires that everything moves at the speed of light through spacetime. 
> This is NOT just "a useful myth", it's a very important fundamental 
> principle of reality (I call it the STc Principle).
>
> This is true of all motions in all frames. It's a universal absolute 
> principle.
>
> Now the fact that everything continually moves at the speed of light 
> through spacetime absolutely requires that everything actually moves and 
> continually moves through just TIME at the speed of light in one direction 
> in their own frame. This movement requires there to be an arrow of time, 
> and this principle is the source of the arrow of time and gives the arrow 
> of time a firm physical basis.
>
> Second, because everything is always moving through time at the speed of 
> light everything MUST be at one and only one location in time. That present 
> location in time is the present moment, it's a unique privileged moment in 
> time.
>
> (This argument demonstrates only there must be a present moment for every 
> observer. The other argument Brent references is necessary to demonstrate 
> that present moment is universal and common to all observers.) Bravo again 
> Brent, for remembering that one too!
>
> Since by the STc Principle everything
>
> ...

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Everything List" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to