Dear LizR,

   But stop and think of the implications of what even Bruno is saying. *Space
is completely a construction of our minds.* *There is no 3,1 dimensional
Riemannian manifold out there*. We measure events and our minds put those
together into tableaux that we communicate about and agree on, because our
languages, like formal logical system, force the results to obey a set of
implied rules. We formulate explanations, formulate models and look for
rules that the models might obey. Hopefully we can make predictions and
measure something...

  I really really like Bruno's notion of an observer. If only we could see
eye to eye on the definitions of some other concepts... Such as that
Computation is an *action* or transformation, not a static "being".

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:22 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 January 2014 16:19, Stephen Paul King <stephe...@provensecure.com>wrote:
>
>> Dear LizR,
>>
>>   Yeah, Zeno didn't know about calculus... I was speaking to the idea
>> that "time moves". It doesn't, there is nothing to move. It is not an
>> object that can be observed. We can measure measures of time: duration,
>> sequence and energy. It is amazing how our minds can create "things" out of
>> ideas that are not even true.
>>

> I agree that time doesn't move. And "motion in space-time" doesn't make
> sense either. Motion in space, however...
>

>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:09 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> (Just an aside. You're correct of course that time doesn't move. Time is
>>> what is used to measure movement through space, after all, so what could
>>> the movement of time be measured in relation to?)
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Kindest Regards,
>>
>> Stephen Paul King
>>
>> Senior Researcher
>>
>> Mobile: (864) 567-3099
>>
>> stephe...@provensecure.com
>>
>>  http://www.provensecure.us/
>>

>> “This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
>> the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain
>> information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and
>> exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as
>> attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
>> hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
>> this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
>> message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message
>> immediately.”
>>
>> --
>>

>  --

Kindest Regards,