On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> I give a coherent definition of free will in my book on Reality. Free
> will is simply the fact that some bounded system generates actions that are
> not entirely determined by its environmental inputs.

OK, then the term "free will" is synonymous with the word "random".  But
there is no great mystery in how that came about and it doesn't matter if
brain
microtubules vibrate or not;  as I've said more than once I know of no law
of logic that demands that every event have a cause.  A deeper question
than "why are some things random?" would be "why isn't everything random?".

  John K Clark