On 1/17/2014 9:04 AM, Edgar L. Owen wrote:

I give a fairly detailed answer to what quantum randomness is and what it applies to in my New Topic post "Another shot at how spacetime emerges from computational reality".

Basically nature must choose randomly when it aligns the separate spacetime networks that arise from particle property conservation when particles computationally interact. That's because there can be no deterministic way to align separate spacetimes, so nature must choose randomly among the available possibilities.....

Of course if there are possibilities in the future that are incompatible then "nature" must pick one. But that's just a tautology unless you can quantitatively calculate relative probabilities. Can you show how aligning spacetime networks gives the right decay rates for radioactive nuclei?