On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 11:59 AM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote

> > One possible reason for the loss of consciousness I've proposed is it
> simply stops the internal time sense. The other possibility of course is
> that it disables the specific self-referential circuits that tell an
> organism what it is experiencing and doing...

But why are chemicals that are good at dissolving oils and fats and waxes
better at disabling consciousness than chemicals that are less good at
dissolving those things.  What does one have to do with the other? They
don't seem related but there must be a connection because the correlation
is very strong, but how does it work? If we could answer that I think we'd
learn a lot more about how the brain functions.

  John K Clark