On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Edgar L. Owen <edgaro...@att.net> wrote:

> There are thousands of chemicals that are good organic solvents that
> aren't anesthetics. I don't think that has anything to do with it...

Why do you think some people like to inhale cleaning products or airplane
glue which is full of industrial solvents? It might destroy their liver but
it will  get them high before they die. Anyway do a web search for "Meyer
Overton" or "Meyer Overton Rule", you'll find tons of stuff; 115 years old
and still going strong. I'd like to know why.

  John K Clark