Dear LizR,

  You and Bruno have often complained that my postings lack rigor... For a
nice formal representation of Heraclitean "streams" click
here<http://books.google.com/books?id=vurIJEFut8QC&pg=PA55&lpg=PA55&dq=jon+barwise+streams+hypersets&source=bl&ots=eYJKhMJR1-&sig=GD2rTwSNtcLpqnm2K3eqE24THNo&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Y4rlUu2tCIW-sQSf74HYBw&ved=0CGMQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=jon%20barwise%20streams%20hypersets&f=false>
and
read the bit about hypersets. BTW, this is a concept almost identical to
what Lou Kauffman uses in his notion of eigenforms.