On Saturday, March 8, 2014 6:16:16 AM UTC, John Clark wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 12:39 AM, meekerdb <meek...@verizon.net<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
> > There's no plausible theory by which clouds could nullify the warming
> caused by increased CO2
>

> If not clouds it's crystal clear that SOMETHING is capable of nullifying
> the warming caused by increased CO2 because during the late Ordovician era
> there was a HUGE amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, 4400 ppm verses only 380
> today, and yet the world was in the grip of a severe ice age. In fact
> during the last 600 million years the atmosphere has almost always had far
> more CO2 in it than now, on average about 3000 ppm.

Hi John, that was nearly half a billion years ago. Go back a couple or
three billion and the Co2 level was 20 times more than today. The Sun has
been getting hotter over the same period. More than 20 percent hotter today
than when co2 was 20 times denser in the atmosphere.

The climate has remained roughly stable over the same period. If it was
just the iSun getting warmer nothi ng else, the climate should have going
out of control a long time ago. But the co2 has reduced at roughly the rate
necessary to balance the warming Sun, keeping the climate roughly constant.

So that's your explanation. The numbers add up tight, and just right,.
Question to you. What is in your head that you think 10,000 or more climate
scientists, over 2 decades min of intensive research, would leave
something  much higher co2 in the past just sitting there totally
contradicting their best understanding?

Who told you about the much co2 in the past? I will have originated with
climate science.