Hi Samiya,

On 06 Apr 2014, at 15:41, Samiya Illias wrote:

Bruno,
Is French your first language?

Not really. (Born in Germany, german/polish nurse).

If so, you can download the original French book by Dr Maurice Bucaille from the following link:
http://www.islamic-invitation.com/downloads/Bible-Quran-Science_fr.pdf
This study was made many years ago. If this inspires you, perhaps you can give a fresh look at the scripture with modern scientific knowledge.

I know you are wise enough to not fear my frank attitude, but the more I look at it, the less I am convinced, even by the very enterprise. An Alien might suggests "scientific knowledge", or some one just introspect itself correctly, for a change, and get the "scientific" insight, in which case the author was just quite well inspired, but that cannot be seen as an evidence for God r the divine. I am not sure there can be any 3p evidences, and certainly not a human text. This does not mean that some text are not very deep, and you know my respect for text like "the Milinda", or the "Theaetetus", or even "Alice" ....

I'm sure that would explain many more verses in terms we can comprehend in this day and age.

"Modern scientific knowledge", despite Godel and QM, are still basically and in the mainstream deeply wrong about theology, so what does it mean to compare a text and reinterpret it with that "non- modern-at-all" respect?

How would you compare Bucaille and the old (almost lost, except still present but obscured in the Sufi) neoplatonist muslims?

In theology my best reference are still in the greeks, the indians, the chinese. In occident religion has been mixed to much with the terrestrial goals, and the use of authority and violence, which betrays the simplest modest conception I can access of the divine.

Bruno