Understood, but China is not pursuing a policy of eliminating AGW, but reducing smog in its cities. Its not a kumbaya moment now for anything nowbin east asia as you hsve noticed, regarding china. The best way then to reduce carbon emissions is to develop clean energy generators, that can be installed quickly, reliably, abundantly, and china will follow, because it will be cleaner then coal, and quicker and cheaper thsn nukes. But it must be available to buy or steal from us, so if the chinese do this, it will help us never the less.
-----Original Message-----
From: LizR <lizj...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Apr 22, 2014 7:37 pm
Subject: Re: cannabis, cancer and mechanism, and climate.

I think you'll find China is trying to cut its pollution, particularly* air pollution, and succeeding to some extent. Basically it has to, because the problem is so bad that it's severely impacting health and production.

http://www.greenpeace.org/eastasia/specials/gpm04/fierce-fight-gdp-air/

*an environmental pun, what next?