-----Original Message-----
From: everything-list@googlegroups.com
[mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of spudboy...@aol.com

>>Understood, but China is not pursuing a policy of eliminating AGW, but
>>reducing smog in its cities. Its not a kumbaya  moment now for anything
>>nowbin east asia as you hsve noticed, regarding china. The best way then to
>>reduce carbon emissions is to develop clean energy generators, that can be
>>installed quickly, reliably, abundantly, and china will follow, because it
>>will be cleaner then coal, and quicker and cheaper thsn nukes. But it must be
>>available to buy or steal from us, so if the chinese do this, it will help us
>>never the less.

And yet... APAC countries are forecast to install more than 23 gigawatts (GW)
of solar PV in 2014, which is around half of the expected world total for new
installed capacity for this year and is a 35% annual growth over last year's
total for the APAC region. Almost all of this new capacity (95%) is getting
installed in just five (APAC) countries: China, Japan, India, Australia, and
Thailand.  The Chinese Bureau of Energy recently announced an aggressive target
of 12 GW for 2014, with 8 GW to be installed on rooftops, and the remaining 4
GW located on the ground. It has set itself a goal of having 35 gigawatts of
installed solar power capacity by the end of 2015. This is an aggressive move
to transition away from a carbon based energy towards a system increasingly
based off of harvesting the natural and FREE solar flux. Again I think you are
a little confused on the facts here. This is not just a smog reduction program
-- though it will certainly contribute to reducing smog -- this is moving
aggressively on a large scale towards solar power. China is very rapidly
overtaking the US -- which already lags behind Germany and Italy -- in terms of
its installed solar PV base.
What most Americans and also Europeans are not aware of is that China also has
(in 2012) an installed base of 250GW of rooftop solar water heaters, and leads
the world in solar hot water heating by a huge margin. Americans and Europeans
mostly burn natural gas to heat their water. Following? Or is that actually
leading? The next largest country is Germany with about 30GW, followed by Italy
with about 20GW (nice but not in the same league as China's 250GW) The US by
comparison has less than 5 GW.
Oh and by the way more than 80% of PV modules produced globally will be made in
Asia -- lead again by China.
Is this what you meant by a smog reduction program?
Chris