From: 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tue, Jul 1, 2014 7:27 pm
Subject: Re: American Intelligence

   From: spudboy100 via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
 To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
 Sent: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 4:20 PM

You might as well dismiss these guys as there is probably zero worth doing now.
However the now has gases and anthrax so we'll see what they will do if
anything. I am betting they will.

Of course you are spudhead... you choose to live in dread. The world has much
bigger problems than a couple thousand malcontents in the Middle East --
invoking a return to medieval-ism as their rallying cry. The fact that you are
obsessed with this distraction reveals a rather poor analytic functionality
operating in your brain (such as it is)
Chris

This boogie monster, this Caliphate you brandish about as if it should somehow
inspire chills and shivers of fear in all who hear the dread word mentioned…
is nothing more than a few thousand well-armed Salafi thugs in the deserts of
Syria & Iraq.
We should be afraid… why exactly?

The funny thing for me is that you will no doubt produce some kind of answer…
so please do humor me. Why should a few thousand scary looking thugs with
automatic weapons in some far away desert scare anybody beyond their immediate
neighbors?

You have a splendid idea there and many people round the world agree with you.
This is not an irrational argument, though likely, too optimistic. Your
sensibilities, and mine, are not shared globally. look to the new Caliphate,
for an example on people differing in world view.

This boogie monster, this Caliphate you brandish about as if it should somehow
inspire chills and shivers of fear in all who hear the dread word mentioned…
is nothing more than a few thousand well-armed Salafi thugs in the deserts of
Syria & Iraq.
We should be afraid… why exactly?

The funny thing for me is that you will no doubt produce some kind of answer…
so please do humor me. Why should a few thousand scary looking thugs with
automatic weapons in some far away desert scare anybody beyond their immediate
neighbors?

And anyway.. I really hope nobody will ever use nuclear weapons anymore; this
will only result in our own extinction (if anybody ever survive, it will be at
minima the end of our civilization). There is really no point to ever think it
could be a safe detterent to use one.

Quentin