On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 8:42 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

>  On 1/13/2015 7:34 AM, Telmo Menezes wrote:
>
>  Really?  On this list?  Where?  I read criticism of the NSA, of Obama,
>> of U.S. foreign policy everywhere.  There's a whole industry built around
>> it on radio.
>>

>  That sort of criticism is innocuous and everyone knows it. The powerful
> are not threatened by that sort of stuff. They probably even like it, it
> only reinforces the two-party system.
>
>  What they are threatened is by people openly discussing experiences with
> things that the social norms forbid. This guarantees, especially for
> political candidates, that only the most bland social-norm-abiding
> candidates will ever make it to power. And thus we are dead-locked into
> total conformity.
>

> So in what way are you forced to conform?  Do you want to have sex with
> sheep?  Do you want to shoot up heroin?  Do you want print your own money?
> Do you want to own a machine gun?  I know email lists where all those
> things are discussed.  There is no loss of freedom if you are merely
> forbidden to do something you never wanted to do anyway?  Of course
> political candidates are bland and social-norm-abiding.  What would you
> expect in a democracy?  Are you hoping for Le Pen or Emerson or some new
> Hitler?

I'd appreciate a link to "sex with sheep" list. Not for personal but for
scientific reasons. For example, to find out: Do Le Pen, Emerson, or Hitler
frequent such list? Are there more Christian or Muslims participating? The
distribution of Plato and Aristotle theologies on that list, like is the
sheep immaterial or primitively physical etc. Pressing questions. The world
needs to know. We can't hide from the truth forever. PGC