Bruno Marchal wrote:
On 02 Apr 2015, at 04:08, Bruce Kellett wrote:

Emulation is a dynamical process in time. I wonder where you get a time variable for your UTM.

By a variable on the computational steps. It has nothing to do with a physical time a priori.

What variable? A simple numbering of steps? But that will not work, or at least, you have hidden an assumption of an external time in your notation.

"At the end of step 27, move to step 28." That contains an implicit notion of time -- 'ending' and 'moving' are temporal concepts. I do not see that you can remove all traces of the idea of an external temporal parameter. Otherwise the machine could just halt arbitrarily at some point and never know that it had halted.

I think you ned to flesh your ideas here out a great deal more.

Bruce