On 19 Apr 2016, at 13:10, 'scerir' via Everything List wrote:

BTW, surprisingly the debate about the real meaning of (the two) Bell’s theorems (locality, local causality, predetermination, predictability, separability, determinism,
counterfactual definiteness, realism,  etc.) is still going on .......

Here is some (very short) literature

J.S. Bell’s Concept of Local Causality
Travis Norsen
https://arxiv.org/pdf/0707.0401v3

Local Causality and Completeness: Bell vs. Jarrett
Travis Norsen
https://arxiv.org/abs/0808.2178

Does quantum nonlocality irremediably conflict with Special Relativity?
GianCarlo Ghirardi
https://arxiv.org/abs/0912.0177

The Two Bell's Theorems of John Bell
Howard M. Wiseman
https://arxiv.org/abs/1402.0351

Causarum Investigatio and the Two Bell's Theorems of John Bell
Howard M. Wiseman, Eric G. Cavalcanti
https://arxiv.org/abs/1503.06413

Are there really two different Bell's theorems?
Travis Norsen
https://arxiv.org/abs/1503.05017

Reply to Norsen's paper "Are there really two different Bell's theorems?"
Howard M. Wiseman, Eleanor G. Rieffel
https://arxiv.org/abs/1503.06978

What Bell Did
Tim Maudlin
https://arxiv.org/abs/1408.1826

Tim Maudlin is good on this subject. He wrote also an excellent (imo) book on non-locality ("Quantum Non-Locality & Relativity" . I share all its conclusions there, and in this paper too, except what I have put, below, in bold-underline (which I would replace by the fact that we need "only" some technical treatment of the first and third person pov distinction, but that is what computer science and mathematical logic offer on a plate (with the second recursion theorem notably) (and with the measure problem as a gift, of course).

(Sorry for the bad format): Tim wrote:

<<Finally, there is one big idea. Bell    showed   that   measurements
made far apart cannot regularly display correlations that violate his inequality if the world is local. But this requires that the measurements have results in order that there be the requisite correlations. What if no “measurement” ever has a unique result at all; what if all the “possible outcomes” occur? What would it even mean to say that in such a situation there is some correlation among the “outcomes of these
measurements”?
This is, of course, the idea of the Many Worlds interpretation. It does not refute Bell’s analysis, but rather moots it: in this picture, phenomena in the physical world do not, after all, display correlations between distant experiments that violate Bell’s inequality, somehow it just seems that they do. Indeed, the world does not actually conform to the predictions of quantum theory at all (in particular, the prediction that these sorts of experiments have single unique outcomes, which correspond to eigenvalues), it just seems that way. So Bell’s result cannot get a grip on this theory. That does not prove that Many Worlds is local: it just shows that Bell’s result does not prove that it isn’t local. In order to even address the question of the locality of Many Worlds a tremendous amount of interpretive work has to be done. [My emphasis]

Bruno

Reply to Werner
Tim Maudlin
https://arxiv.org/abs/1408.1828