On 1/16/2018 8:55 PM, 'Chris de Morsella' via Everything List wrote:
--What is the craziest AI application you can think of?

A machine learned pet translator perhaps... they're actually working on that app, Amazon amongst others. So, it seems the big players Google as well, are running in that race... think of the potential market of pet owners forking over their hard earned money to hear what the Google machine is telling them their dog is telling them. I can imagine the marketing folks dreaming about that market. As an aside also a commentary on how out of touch, we humans have become from the world in which we exist. People already understand dog language :)

Of course teaching the AI requires lots of training examples, so you will need people to translate what their dog is saying to create the training examples.  Google will probably try to get people to do this online, similar to the way they got visual identification training examples.  But the really interesting point is that not only do people understand dogs, it's also the case that dogs understand people.  So when Google's dog->human translate says, "Fido says the mailman is here." will Fido be able to listen to that and say, "Rowf" -> "That's right."?

Brent

What I think would be a wild application of machine learned systems is in tackling the decoding/deciphering of lost ancient human languages and record keeping systems (such as the Inca knotted strings for example). Wouldn't that be cool... AI helping us humans learn about our own lost cultural heritage.

-Chris

    On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 5:29 AM, K E N O