On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 9:12:41 AM UTC, agrays...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 4:36:37 PM UTC, agrays...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Later, hopefully soon, I will make the case that Schrodinger's Cat
>> implies that Decoherence Theory false, since the former shows the fallacy
>> (or, if you will, the absurdity), of incorporating macro systems in
>> superpositions, which is more or less the starting state equation used in
>> the latter. Stay tuned. AGT
>>

> *The simplest argument is that macro objects (other than the precious few
> exceptions previously noted, such as Buckyballs) have no well defined
> deBroglie wave lengths. Hence, they cannot participate in a superposition
> of states which inherently implies interference among its components. A
> macro object has a huge set of individual entanglements, each with its own
> well defined deBroglie wave length, but the net interference among them
> statistically washes out to zero. We can go further. A macro object,
> virtually by definition, can NEVER be isolated from its environment. Thus,
> it can NEVER manifest a well defined wave length to make a superposition
> possible. It's NOT the case that a macro object can participate in a
> superposition for even a very short time and then decohere. This is where
> Schroedinger went wrong. He assumed a non existent superposition of states,
> which if existent would imply the cat must be alive and dead
> simultaneously, even if for a very short duration if decoherence theory is
> applied. But decoherence theory posits a solution for a non existent
> problem. It assumes that a superposed state can exist for a macro object
> for an exceedingly short time until it decoheres. However, as is the case
> for Scroedinger's cat or any macro object, it can NEVER be ISOLATED from
> its environment, which is the necessary condition for positing a
> superposition. Thus, decoherence theory need not be applied; indeed, should
> not be applied. And if it isn't generally applied for macro entities, then
> the wf cannot imply other worlds.  CMIIAW. AG*

*The bottom line, or if you will, the 800 pound elephant in the room, is
that the macro entities which are included in the seminal superposition of
states for decoherence, are in thermal equilibrium with their environments,
constantly emitting and absorbing photons -- before, during, and after
their inclusions in said state. Thus, they never are, nor can they ever be
isolated from their environments, making this seminal superposition of
states an illusory construction. AG *