On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 06:18:47AM -0500, Jason Resch wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 6:37 PM, Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> > I've been meaning to get this in publishable form, but time and other
> > commitments have gotten in my way.
> >

> I (and I know many others on this list and elsewhere) eagerly await and
> look forward this.

Well it's good in the sense that business is going well. But not so
good in that my fundamental research program has gone on the
backburner. With a bit of luck, one of my projects will go so well
that I'll be able to "retire" to doing full time research... Dream on.

> > In the meantime, another problem came to my attention from Markus
> > Mueller (arxiv:1712.0181), where he points out that it is an open
> > question whether transition probability for process on strings is
> > naturally Markovian. The latter portion of my proof, in particular
> > (D.13) is assuming a Markovian process.
> >

> Thanks for the reference, I will check it out.
>
> Might combining your theory with a theory of computation (like the UDA) be
> helpful in linking or otherwise tying together successively observed bit
> strings?

Well I have had a lot of time to think about it (couple of decades),
and the link has kind of stumped me to date. However Markus Mueller's
work, of which I have only recently become aware, might be the missing
link. His setup is based around a transition graph on bitstrings. The
bitstrings most likely correspond to observer moment subsets of
everything in my theory, but the graph probably corresponds to the
Kripke network that arises in one of Bruno's hypostases.

But it'll probably require a younger mind than mine. But most younger
minds will not be financially or professionally secure enough to
tackle what has a whiff of crank science about it, sadly.

> I found the book "Trespassing on Einstein's Lawn
> <https://www.amazon.com/Trespassing-Einsteins-Lawn-Beginning-Everything/dp/B011DALEW8/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_14_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QRMCP2GEE90YCNEKJ2YN>"
> to be quite remarkable in breaking down the laws of physics to being the
> bare minimum that is necessary to ensure consistency between observers. It
> might be a fruitful avenue to explore, as it seems at least possibly
> related to your effort.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've always enjoyed her columns in New
Scientist. I might wait for a Kindle version though, as getting that
book in physical for to Oz usually doubles or triples the
price. Actually, I noticed that Carlo Rovelli has a book out that
might be worth a read too.