On 12/2/2018 5:14 PM, Philip Thrift wrote:

On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 4:25:04 PM UTC-6, Brent wrote:

    On 12/2/2018 11:42 AM, Philip Thrift wrote:

    On Sunday, December 2, 2018 at 8:13:48 AM UTC-6,
    agrays...@gmail.com wrote:

        *
        *
        *Obviously, from a one-world perspective, only one history
        survives for a single trial. But to even grossly approach
        anything describable as "Darwinian", you have to identify
        characteristics of histories which contribute positively or
        negatively wrt surviving but I don't see an inkling of that.
        IMO, Quantum Darwinism is at best a vacuous restatement of
        the measurement problemt; that we don't know why we get what
        we get. AG*

    In the *sum over histories* interpretation - of the double-slit
    experiment, for example - each history carries a unit complex
    number - like a gene - and this gene reenforces (positively) or
    interferes (negatively) with other history's genes in the sum.

    But I thought you said the ontology was that only one history
    "popped out of the Lottery machine"?  Here you seem to contemplate
    an ensemble of histories, all those ending at the given spot, as
    being real.

    Brent

All are real until all but one dies.
RIP: All those losing histories.

The trouble with that is the Born probability doesn't apply to histories, it applies to results.  So your theory says nothing about the probability of the fundamental ontologies.