On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 2:03 AM Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au>
wrote:

*> The Planck constant is, like the speed of light c, a unit conversion
> factor. In natural units, it is 1 (or at least ℏ is set to 1).*

That just restates the mystery using different words because natural units
are based on physical constants. That restatement simplifies things in some
circumstances but it has disadvantages, if you just use natural units in
your equations you're throwing away information. For the equation X/Y=1   X
and Y can have a infinite number of values and the equation is still
mathematically true,  but if X and Y are physical universal constants then
you might want to know the specific 2 values out of that infinity that also
make it physically true. If all I know is 1 there is no way I can get back
X and Y, but if I know X and Y I can always get 1.

 John K Clark