When engaging someone like Cosmin and trying to understand where he's
coming from, I'd rather ask questions based on common understanding /
null-hypothesis first, rather than muddy the water with my own loosely held
philosophy. I'm probing to see if his ideas are consistent... I don't have
an agenda beyond that. Perhaps if I got the sense that his ideas were worth
exploring further I'd engage more of my own ideas.