On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 8:43:08 AM UTC-5, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> [...]
>> set of dice or roulette wheel with no deterministic predictability.
>>
>> The point of Quining statements quantum mechanically is that this might
>> be a start for looking at a quantum measurement as a way that quantum
>> states encode qubit information of other quantum states. It is a sort of
>> Gödel self-reference, and my suspicion is the so called measurement problem
>> is not solvable. The decoherence of states is then a case where p = ½ → 1
>> with an outcome. That is pure randomness.
>>

>> With mechanism, that randomness is reduced into the indeterminacy in
>> self-multiplication experience. It come from the many-histories internal
>> interpretation of arithmetic, in which all sound universal numbers
>> converges. The quantum aspect of nature is just how the (sigma_1)
>> arithmetical reality looks like from inside. This explains where the
>> apparent collapse comes from, in a similar way than Everett, but it
>> explains also where the wave comes from. Eventually quantum mechanics is
>> just a modal internal view of arithmetic, or anything Turing equivalent.
>> The math, and quantum physics confirms computationalism up to now, where
>> physicalism and materialism are inconsistent, or consciousness or person
>> eliminative.
>>

> Thanks for addressing this.
>
> I guess in a way I do not entirely understand this. The above illustration
> is the main difference between Boolean and quantum logic.
>

> OK. I have no problem with this. I agree and understand that quantum logic
> cannot be embedded or extended into a classical logic. This is related to
> the fact that there is no local hidden variable theory compatible with the
> quantum experiments.
>
> But this does not mean that quantum logic cannot have a classical
> explanation. In fact the quantum formalism is by itself a classical
> description, even local and deterministic, but hard to interpret in any
> local realistic way.
>
> Assuming the mechanist hypothesis, we have a similar (to QM) form of
> indeterminacy, due to the fact that we can be duplicated, and in that case
> the person who is duplicated cannot predict with certainty which of the
> copies she will feel to be, as both will be right to say that they have
> survived in the place where they are reconstituted. We can come back on
> this if you want to know more. That leads to the problem that no machine
> can know which computations (which exists in arithmetic as we know since
> Gödel-Turing 1930s papers) support her, and we know that there is an
> infinity of such computations in arithmetic: this eventually rediuce
> physics (the art of predicting the observable) into a relative statistics
> on all computations in arithmetic.
>
> In fact with mechanism, we have a canonical “many-world” interpretation of
> elementary arithmetic. And with mechanism, it should explain the existence
> and persistence of the physical laws (and indeed up to now this is
> confirmed, notably by the Everett formulation of QM).

It requires a little more than elementary arithmetic. Graph theory maybe. A
coloring scheme for graphs with Borel groups of upper right triangular
matrices would work. The Heisenberg group is a form of a Borel group. The
arithmetic you refer to appears to be the additivity of the probabilities,
which is the same thing as Tr(ρ) for ρ the density matrix. I can go into
greater detail on this. There are maps to the quotient space of the AdS
spacetime as well.

I am not terribly worried about interpretations of QM. These are auxiliary
postulates or physical axioms. I do think these are some aspect of the
decoherence of quantum states or measurement being a sort of
self-reference.

> It is not clear to me in what way quantum mechanics is σ_1 arithmetic
> viewed from the "inside." I guess I am not sure what is meant by σ_1
> arithmetic.
>

> The sigma_1 arithmetical sentences are the sentences provably equivalent
> (in PA, say) with sentences having the shape “ExP(x), with P a decidable or
> recursive (sigma_0) predicate.

So is σ_0 the same thing as primitive recursive? There is a bit of symbolic
representation that I am not familiar with.

> Turing-completeness or Turing-universality is equivalent sigma_1
> completeness, i.e. the ability to prove all true sigma_ sentences.
>
> Intuitively it is obvious that you and me, all humans, and in fact all
> computers, are sigma_1 complete. If is true that ExP(x), and if P is
> decidable, then by testing 0, 1, 2, … we will eventually find that x, and
> be able to verify it satisfies p. The reverse is true also: if something
> can prove all true sigma_1 sentences, then it can emulate all computations,
> and it provides “one more” formal definition of computation, and one more
> universal machine.
>
> A normal form theorem by Kleene makes it possible to identify halting
> computations and true sigma_1 sentence. The set of all true sigma_1
> sentences is more or less equivalent with the universal dovetailing (a
> procedure which generate all programs and execute them all).
>
> It has been shown that RA, or SK are Turing-complete theories, and thus
> constitute universal machine or machinery.
>
> RA is classical logic + the seven axioms:
>
> 1) 0 ≠ s(x)
> 2) x ≠ y -> s(x) ≠ s(y)
> 3) x ≠ 0 -> Ey(x = s(y))
> 4) x+0 = x
> 5) x+s(y) = s(x+y)
> 6) x*0=0
> 7) x*s(y)=(x*y)+x
>

> SK is theory (without logic!):
>
> Rules:
>
> 1) If A = B and A = C, then B = C
> 2) If A = B then AC = BC
> 3) If A = B then CA = CB
>
> Axioms:
>
> 4) KAB = A
> 5) SABC = AC(BC)

This looks pretty elementary, though 4 and 5 look a bit odd.. I am not sure
how useful it is with quantum computation. With my idea about Gödel in the
quantum it is where a set of ancillary states are set to become copies of
other states, or they in effect emulate them through entanglement. This
will requires a Hadamard gate process, which is needed to duplicate states
or just to set up a prepared state.

LC