On 9/10/2019 5:35 PM, Jason Resch wrote:

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 7:18 PM 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com <mailto:everything-list@googlegroups.com>> wrote:

    On 9/10/2019 4:30 PM, Bruce Kellett wrote:
    > Another argument that has been given here before is that if quantum
    > immortality is true, then we should expect to see a number of
    people
    > who are considerably older than the normal life expectancy --
    and we
    > do not see people who are two or three hundred years old. Even
    if the
    > probabilities are very low, there have been an awful lot of people
    > born within the last 500 or so years -- some must have survived
    on our
    > branch if this scenario is true.

    My argument was that each of us should find ourselves to be much
    older
    than even the oldest people we know.

You could be very old, but (perhaps temporarily) amnesiac.

Then it's strange that so many other people and photographs happen to agree with my memory.  Must be a conspiracy to hide the secret of quantum immortality.  It would certainly be unpopular once people thought about what it means.