Le lun. 13 janv. 2020 à 10:28, Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> On Monday, January 13, 2020 at 1:33:01 AM UTC-7, stathisp wrote:

>>> *All the models pictorially represented, have the Universe beginning
>>> very small, and inflation is claimed to increase its size from, say, much
>>> smaller than a proton, to about the size of the Earth or Solar System in a
>>> few Planck intervals. If it begins small, or if you run the clock backward
>>> it becomes progressively smaller, how could it have started with infinite
>>> spatial extent? Don't you see something wrong with the model?  AG*
>>>

>> The model says that a subset of the universe starts small and gets
>> bigger. This is not inconsistent with the whole universe starting and
>> remaining infinite in spatial extent.
>>
>>> --
>> Stathis Papaioannou
>>

> *I thought I made that clear; what I am calling "the universe" is
> precisely the SUBSET you refer to, which starts small and gets bigger. It
> is THAT SUBSET which cosmologists claim has infinite spatial extent, based
> on measurements. What you're calling "the whole universe" includes the
> underlying entity on which the BB started, and on which measurements CANNOT
> be made. It could be infinite in spatial extent, or is possibly an entity
> for which the concept of spatial extent might not exist. AG*

As the bigbang is a singularity at the start... what prevents it to contain
an infinite content in a zero/small volume, after all it's a singularity
and we know only things after the big bang started ? and after inflation
(which I understand is only space metric which inflate), there is still an
infinite content.

--
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. (Roy
Batty/Rutger Hauer)