I agree!

-----Original Message-----
From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: spudboy...@aol.com
Cc: everything-list@googlegroups.com <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Oct 13, 2021 12:43 pm
Subject: Re: An odd signal from the Galactic center

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 11:48 AM <spudboy...@aol.com> wrote:

> Scanned this yesterday, JC. I always hope for the SETI result,

There is zero evidence this has anything to do with ET.

 > and it always disappoints.

That's because every time a new astronomical discovery is made that cannot
immediately be explained somebody ALWAYS says it must be ET.  Personally,
because I am unable to find a flaw in the Great Flter argument,  I would be
devastated if we detected ET;  it would mean the civilization we received a
radio message from would have almost certainly been destroyed by now, and the
future of the human race is likely to be very bleak indeed. I like to think the
reason we haven't detected any other civilization already is because we are the
first, not because we just haven't encountered the mysterious civilization
destroying phenomenon yet that every intelligent species always eventually
finds itself facing.
The Great Filter
> Even if it was ETI working on a black hole project for their own (its own?)
> benefit, always there is the simpler explanation that covers the evidence.

There is no known mechanism by which a Black Hole or a Neutron Star could
produce radio waves and nothing else, much less highly circularly polarized
radio waves.

> neutron stars falling into the alleged AGN, active galactic nucleus to
> perform just as you have described.

That would produce massive amounts of X-Rays and Gamma Rays as well as visible
light, but there was none, only an intense burst of circularly polarized radio
waves emanating from a very compact object at irregular times.
no2