On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 3:44:54 AM UTC-5 johnk...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 8:41 PM Lawrence Crowell <goldenfield...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> > If I had to conjecture, I would say maybe this is a natural maser.
>>

> Interesting idea.
>
>> > This may have two possible sources, some configuration of gas near the
>> Sgr*A black hole or from the black hole itself.
>>

> Because the signal varies in intensity by a factor of 100 over as little
> as a day I don't think it could come from anything as big as  Sgr*A, but
> maybe it could come from a smaller Black Hole in orbit around it.
>
> John K Clark    See what's on my new list at  Extropolis
> <https://groups.google.com/g/extropolis>xo
> xoq

The ultimate limit on size if the time for a causal signal to traverse or
cycle through it. The Sgr*A black hole is 4.2 million solar masses or about
13 million km Schwarzschild radius. A signal at the speed of light can
easily move across or around the horizon within a day. Yet I admit my
conjecture here could easily be wrong.

LC