From: John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com>
To: 'Brent Meeker' via Everything List <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Feb 28, 2022 9:52 am
Subject: Re: The Nature of Contingency: Quantum Physics as Modal Realism

On Sun, Feb 27, 2022 at 3:59 PM Tomas Pales <litewav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A world without me is possible (logically consistent)

I would certainly agree with that, but the tiny minority of physicist who
believe in Superdeterminism, such as Sabine Hossenfelder, would not; they think
the universe could only have started out in one very very specific way, a way
that required it to produce you 13.8 billion years later because if it did not
a paradoxical logical inconsistency would have been produced.  Personally I
think that idea is nuts because I simply can't imagine a more egregious
violation of Occam's razor than Superdeterminism.

dsq

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv0BGs2yAL2CzArnYBb2SvzhMuBVosSA1UFZg%3DQDKL-rmw%40mail.gmail.com.