On Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 9:47 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> On 05-04-2022 01:24, Bruce Kellett wrote:
>
> > I have seen attempts at such accounts. The trouble is that Aspect's
> > experiments were not performed in a quantum computer! It is Aspect's
> > experiments that are to be explained.
> >
> > It would be more interesting if you could give such an account for a
> > classical computer. What is it that is significant about the QC? It is
> > generally understood that a quantum computer might give a speed-up on
> > some tasks, but it cannot actually do anything that a classical
> > computer could not do, given sufficient time.
> >
> > The interesting question is why quantum computer accounts do not
> > correspond to laboratory experience.  I think it has something to do
> > with the formation of permanent records. But you might have a better
> > account.
>
> There is a theorem that says that systems that can create entanglement
> while complying with locality must be non-classical:
>
> https://arxiv.org/abs/1907.08994
>
> So, this is a settled issue.

I agree. Entanglement is a distinctively quantum phenomenon and cannot be
simulated classically. But that does not mean that using a quantum computer
will necessarily enable you to simulate a Bell experiment. The quantum
computer operates essentially by classical logic. So unless you somehow
generate a quantum entanglement (outside of the necessary entanglement for
the operation of the computer's qubits), you are not going to be able to
simulate a Bell entangled state, even on a quantum computer.

Bruce