On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 1:41 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> On 07-04-2022 01:51, Bruce Kellett wrote:

> is locality,
> >>
> >> his is a far stronger constraint than locality, it's only satisfied in
> >> classical models with local interactions.
> >
> > It is the relevant concept of locality for consideration of the Bell
> > correlations.  HV models are, in fact, essentially classical models
> > with local interactions. Other formulations of the locality postulate
> > also imply Humeanism -- the complete state of the world is determined
> > by the intrinsic physical state of each spacetime point and the
> > spatio-temporal relations between these points.
> >

> Local realism, QM is local but does not satisfy realism.

It has nothing to do with realism. Local physics is completely defined by
what happens at the individual spacetime points. But that does not imply
that variables have definite values before they are measured. We allow for
stochastic dependence on the physics at local spacetime points and also
allow for MWI -- the operation of the deterministic Schrodinger equation
giving every possible outcome on  every interaction. If you are not
careful, you are going to make MWI realistic. The Humean assumption
underlies any local theory, including MWI if that can be shown to be local.
It is not intrinsically realist.

Locality implies separability. If you disagree, show me the mathematics of
a local state (referring to distinct spacetime points) that is not
separable -- without begging the question, that is!

Bruce