On Thu, Apr 7, 2022 at 8:22 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:

> On 06-04-2022 13:35, Bruce Kellett wrote:
> >
> > I agree. Entanglement is a distinctively quantum phenomenon and cannot
> > be simulated classically. But that does not mean that using a quantum
> > computer will necessarily enable you to simulate a Bell experiment.
> > The quantum computer operates essentially by classical logic. So
> > unless you somehow generate a quantum entanglement (outside of the
> > necessary entanglement for the operation of the computer's qubits),
> > you are not going to be able to simulate a Bell entangled state, even
> > on a quantum computer.
>
> You can't do it "from the outside" but you can consider observers
> simulated by a quantum computer.

But then you have the problem of whether "observers" simulated by a quantum
computer can actually make measurements. The essence of a measurement is
the formation of permanent records in the environment. Quantum computers
cannot do this unless they stop and print out a result. Your quantum
computer simulation requires a redefinition of the concept of measurement
so that it becomes essentially meaningless.

Bruce