On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 5:57:03 AM UTC+3 Bruce wrote:
> If one wants to persist with unitary evolution, one cannot avoid the
Schrodinger equation. This has a number of consequences for the theory. One
is that the theory is deterministic -- there are no probabilities, and all
outcomes of an experiment are, in some real sense, equivalent. [...]

Equivalent in terms of possibility, not equally probable. YOU say "there
are no probabilities".

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 11:35 AM smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl
<https://groups.google.com/>> (Saibal) wrote:
> You just presented an elaborate presentation involving N branching steps
and counted all 2^N branches as equal. That's branch counting and it's
known to not be compatible with QM.

I agree; it is a technical matter. There are two assumptions in deriving
probability 1/2^N in the binomial construction, if the argument is not
branch-counting:
-1- that probability-in-some-sense is derived by the theory and it depends
on the measure only;
and
-2- that the coefficients a and b are of equal measure.
But with these assumptions we can derive probability-in-some-sense with
just one experiment (N=1).

In previous messages, I have expressed objection to the first assumption,
but this is only because some work is needed in order to combine "there are
no probabilities" with "there are probabilities in some sense", else one is
vague to the point of being ridiculous. One needs to specify "in what
sense?" and "why?".

George K.