On Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 5:48:44 AM UTC-6 johnk...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 10:57 PM Bruce Kellett <bhkel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *> An important component of Everett's idea was that quantum evolution was
>> unitary.*
>

> Any idea that does not conform with quantum evolution being unitary is an
> idea that does not conform with experimental evidence and thus has been
> proven to be incorrect.
>
> *> If one wants to persist with unitary evolution, one cannot avoid the
>> Schrodinger equation. This has a number of consequences for the theory. One
>> is that the theory is deterministic -- there are no probabilities*
>

> No probabilities are needed from a Multiverse point of view, but for any
> observer in any particular universe there can only be probabilities because
> for them some information is unavailable, and that's what probabilities are
> all about, doing the best you can with incomplete information.

The unresolved problem is that if you're using the frequentist
interpretation of probability, you must count and compare the number of
outcomes for each measurement possibility, but you can't do this without
knowing that the outcomes that result are *in* the same Worlds. But for
this to be true requires another axiom imposed on the SE, which you deny
you are doing. AG