On Fri, Apr 29, 2022 at 6:30 PM Alan Grayson <agrayson2...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 9:33 PM Brent Meeker <meeke...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> *> If all mass were scaled down by the same factor the gravitational
>>> interactions, like orbits and pendulums, would seem unchanged.  But what
>>> about the natural frequency of spring-mass systems?  Halving the mass while
>>> the EM forces between molecules of the spring stay the same means the
>>> frequency will go up.   So must all interaction constants change to save
>>> the appearance?Brent*
>>>

>> *If* the mass/energy at the end of the spring was reduced by 50% (and
>> thus its inertia also reduced by 50%), as it would if the universe had
>> split and energy is conserved, *then* the energy in the spring, and any
>> other form of energy, would also have to be reduced by 50%. So the spring
>> would move the same way it did before, and there would be no experimental
>> or observational way to determine that anything had changed.
>>
>> Just as in the case of the gravitational constant g, the Coulomb electric
>> force constant in a vacuum ε0, and the magnetic constant μ0 (also called
>> the vacuum permeability of free space), would also produce the same value
>> today that it did yesterday when we find those numbers through experiment,
>> and for the same reason it did for the gravitational constant. The speed of
>> light c would be the same too because from Maxwell's Equations we know that
>> c = 1/√μ0εo. Thus physics textbooks would not have to be rewritten in any
>> universe.
>>

> * > If m in f = ma, decreases by 50% on every single split, I'm pretty
> sure (but not certain) that planetary orbits would change, making life
> impossible on Earth. g might not change, but G likely will.*

As I've a explained before and will not explain again, If the sun's
gravitational attraction to the earth, f, is reduced by 50% (because the
sun's mass/energy is reduced by 50%) then the earth's inertia must also be
reduced by 50% (because the earth's mass/energy is also reduced by 50%) so
the two changes would cancel out and the earth's orbit would not change by
one nanometer. And for the same reason if you performed an experiment,
after the two changes were made to determine the value of G, the experiment
would look exactly as it did before and so you'd get the same numerical
value for G.

7gvd