On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 4:18 PM spudboy100 via Everything List <
everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

*> Religion didn't do a damn thing really to improve the human condition,
> say in Europe. It did seem to as a practice stop formal human sacrifice,*

And why did religion start in the first place? Because of religion.

 > a*nd eventually eliminate slavery and replaced it with serfdom,*

About the only religious sect that can claim credit for that are the
Quakers, for nearly all the others slavery was just fine, it was a
widespread practice for thousands of years but neither the old nor the New
Testament says a word against it, and the Quran doesn't condemn slavery
either although like the Bible it does condemn one hell of a lot of other
things, and most of them were completely harmless.

 > *who is the rightful heir to Muhammad? *

Who gives a shit, the man has been dead for 1500 years.

skb