Of course one reason there are "laws of physics" is what my late friend Vic Stenger called Point Of View Invariance.  This was his generalization of Emmy Noether's theorem that showed every symmetry implied a conservation law.  So momentum is conserved because we want any law of physics to be invariant under translation of a different location.  Energy is conserved because we want the laws of physics to be the same at different times, etc.

Brent