https://www.theguardian.com/science/2023/mar/19/stephen-hawking-told-me-ive-changed-my-mind-my-book-is-wrong

Meaning that when Hawking wrote his "Theory" book, he changed his mind to go
along with the theory that the physics are not unchangeable (immutable was the
term) but evolve. "Profoundly, Darwinian," which seems fitting for me, seeing
that Hawking was profoundly, British, and thus, Darwinian.
For this serf, It is worthy of discussion, as in intriguing, but I just work
here, clean & flush the toilets and change the LED light bulbs. I leave it to
whatever the astronomers' and physicists come up with, and try to mentally work
with it.