On 11/24/2023 2:26 AM, 'scerir' via Everything List wrote:

[John] Using only classical concepts explain to me how and why the Quantum Eraser Experiment works.

[Brent] The explanation is in print which is classical.
[John] If you're right and an explanation of how and why the Quantum Eraser Experiment worksthat only uses classical concepts is in print then they must've used invisible ink to print it because I've never seen it and I don't know anybody who has. And I've looked!

Let's review the bidding John.  I said the classical world was necessary to science because we need to write down results and theories that we can share.  We can't deal in superpositions of different results.  You attempted to counter this by challenging me to explain the quantum eraser experiment  without quantum mechanics...a complete non-sequitur.  I replied that our quantum mechanical explanations are written out in classically behaving ink.  I never said explanations must be in classical terms,  I said they must be classically embodied.

Brent

https://arxiv.org/abs/1905.03137Ruth Kastner wrote an interesting paper about Quantum Erasure and Delayed Choice /
/

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/2063434390.902526.1700821592628%40mail1.libero.it <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/2063434390.902526.1700821592628%40mail1.libero.it?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.