On 11/24/2023 2:35 PM, Bruce Kellett wrote:
On Sat, Nov 25, 2023 at 1:48 AM John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

    On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 5:36 AM Brent Meeker
    <meekerbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

        //
        /> Let's review the bidding John.  I said the classical world
        was necessary to science/

    And if that's all you had said we wouldn't be having an argument,
    but you insisted that classical concepts were also sufficient to
    do science. You even claimed that an "explanation is in print"
    that explains why the Quantum Eraser Experiment does what it does
    and doesn't do what it doesn't do that, as my challenge specified,
    uses only classical concepts. But you don't say where I can find
    this revolutionary article that would certainly change physics
    forever if it actually existed.

        /> You attempted to counter this by challenging me to explain
        the quantum eraser experiment  without quantum mechanics/

    You seem to have difficulty remembering things I have said and yet
    you find it very easy to remember things that I did *NOT* say,
    therefore I will provide an exact quote of the challenge I gave to
    you:

     "Using only *classical concepts* explain to me how and why the
    Quantum Eraser Experiment works."

    And I am still waiting for that explanationfrom you. In fact for
    about a century the entire world has been trying to find an
    explanation for quantum weirdness using only intuitive classical
    physics, and they have failed spectacularly.

        > ...a complete non-sequitur.

    What is a complete non-sequitur?

        /> I replied that our quantum mechanical explanations are
        written out in classically behaving ink. I never said
        explanations must be in classical terms,/

    Again I will use exact quotes as I wish you had.My challenge to
    you was:

    "Using only classical concepts explain to me how and why the
    Quantum Eraser Experiment works."

    And the best response to my challenge that you could come up with was:
    "/The explanation is in print which is classica/l"

Can you tell the difference between the above and "The explanation is classical and is in print."  You were just trying to move the goal post.  I never said there were not explanations using quantum concepts like Hilbert space and the Born rule.  This started with me pointing out, like Bohr, that all science: experiments, records, results, theories are necessarily in a classical world.  To say that those theories may postulate quantum world does not invalidate it.