On 11/25/2023 12:12 PM, John Clark wrote:

On Fri, Nov 24, 2023 at 5:51 PM Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

        >> And the best response to my challenge that you could come up
        with was:
        "/The explanation is in print which is classica/l"

    /> Can you tell the difference between the above and "The
    explanation is classical and is in print." /

Yes. The print is classical but the explanation is not. I also know the difference between the cat is in the hat and the hat is in the cat.

    > /I never said there were not explanations using quantum concepts
    like Hilbert space and the Born rule. /

Therefore you were never able to do what I challenged you to do, which was "Using only classical concepts explain to me how and why the Quantum Eraser Experiment works."

    /> This started with me pointing out, like Bohr, that all science:
    experiments, records, results, theories are necessarily in a
    classical world. /

NO.  Records of the results of experiments are written down classically, but the theories needed to predict those results must be quantum mechanical, and a quantum interpretation is needed to understand why those theories are so good at making correct predictions.

    /> To say that those theories may postulate quantum world does not
    invalidate it./

That depends on whatthe pronoun "it" in the aboverefers to.

  John K Clark    See what's on my new list at Extropolis <https://groups.google.com/g/extropolis>
This started with my point that we test, observer, infer, write papers, attend conferences, discuss and write down theories, all in a classical world.  Everything we know about QM comes from observations, each of which is seeing a result, not a superposition of results.  This is the basis of the Copenhagen interpretation.  Do you disagree with any of that?

Brent

iyu

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-list+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv1C2QL1yRn9XpEwyL9ea1dqK8wPwE_CfuxkbLOLsS%2BzaQ%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv1C2QL1yRn9XpEwyL9ea1dqK8wPwE_CfuxkbLOLsS%2BzaQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.