Am Samstag, den 15.10.2016, 18:20 +0200 schrieb Steffen Winkler:
> Am Samstag, den 15.10.2016, 16:29 +0200 schrieb Steffen Winkler:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm on Arch Linux using Evolution 3.22.2. When I upgraded to
> > Evolution
> > 3.22.1 I also installed evolution-bogofilter and evolution-
> > spamassassin.
> >
> > After starting Evolution however, I can't choose between either of
> > them
> > . The only thing that changed was that I got a checkbox in the
> > 'Spam'
> > tab that let's you decide if text should be sent in Unicode to
> > bogofilter. Regardless of the state of that checkbox spamfiltering
> > doesn't work.
> >
> > I also don't see them in Evolution's 'Plug-in' view, which it
> > should
> > do
> > according to various websites, one of the more prominent being
> > https://
> > help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToEnableSpamFilteringInEvolution
> >
> > I also can't get any kind of errorlog or protocol out of evolution
> > (which is very frustrating). Neither CAMEL_DEBUG=spam nor
> > journalctl
> > show any indication of something going wrong. Or anything going on
> > for
> > that matter.
> >
> > I checked with lsof and the spamassassin.so file is being used by
> > Evolution.
> >
> > I don't quite know what to do now. There is not much in terms of
> > documentation when it comes to bogofilter or spamassassin
> > interacting
> > with evolution on any site. ArchLinux's wiki refers to Gnome's
> > documentation which in turn just sends one to bogofilter's or
> > spamassassin's documentation which both don't have any kind of
> > information of Evolution working with them. In fact, bogofilter has
> > list of E-Mail clients on it's site, Evolution isn't among them?!
> >
> > I also tried creating a new user on my system and started Evolution
> > there, but it just showed the same checkbox and no way to choose
> > between spamfilters.
> >
> > Does someone here know how to get more information out of Evolution
> > or
> > even fix this?
> >
> > With kind regards
> > Steffen Winkler
>
> Have to update this due to informations from another thread: I'm not
> using Evolution 3.22.2 but Evolution 3.22.1 + a couple updates to the
> Friulian translation from four days ago.
Hi,

I went on to get evolution's source code and after compiling it myself
and verifying that SpamAssassin and BogoFilter support are enabled I
dug into the code and decided to comment these two lines out:

if (!e_mail_junk_filter_available (junk_filter))
                        g_queue_push_tail (&trash, link);

They can be found in e-mail-session.c, method
e_mail_session_get_available_junk_filters. After compiling evolution
again and starting it, I finally had the dropdownbox with both
bogofilter and spamassassin available. When I tried to use SpamAssassin
evolution told me, upon selecting the first e-mail as spam, that
/usr/bin/sa-learn was nowhere to be found. Which is correct, in
ArchLinux it's apparently in /usr/bin/vendor_perl/sa-learn. I'm really
not sure who is correct here but to fix it for me I used ln -s to link
sa-learn to /usr/bin and got a working spam filter immediately.

As for bogofilter: It works without any problems. No bugs or anything,
just has a lousy spam detection rate.

Could someone verify wether the dropdownbox is displayed if only one
(either spamassassin or bogofilter) junkfilter is installed? If that's
the case someone should change that. What if someone has bogofilter
installed but doesn't want to use it in Evolution?

With kind regards
Steffen Winkler