Am Sonntag, den 16.10.2016, 20:12 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2016 19:02:49 +0200, Steffen Winkler wrote:
> > As for bogofilter: It works without any problems. No bugs or
> > anything,
> > just has a lousy spam detection rate.
>
> Bogofilter works perfect for me. It detects nearly all spam and there
> are nearly no false positives. The very first training period was
> short, even with spam detection features, provided by ISPs disabled.
> Spamassassin does use RBLs, so it might require no first training,
> but
> OTOH RBLs and additional features not provided by bogofilter, could
> lead
> to more false positives.
>
> I guess bogofilter is better to filter to an individual user's needs,
> while spamassassin has got advantages for mail servers that deliver
> many users.
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

Ah, sorry. I didn't mean it like bogofilter was bad or anything. It's
just that I told both tools to filter a bunch of emails and spam
assassin moved some to my spam folder while bogofilter didn't.

I think that maybe bogofilter worked the entire time but I just didn't
saw it because it never moved anything into the junkfolder and I didn't
saw a bogofilter process appearing. Where spamasassin has it's sa-learn
and spamd process that pop up when you teach it something or tell it to
filter through emails.

I worded that completely wrong, I apologize.